A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Meals on Wheels

I have given in to my daughters and my doctors.  I have signed up for the county help for seniors.  I got my first “meals on wheels” Friday.  It was delicious.  Of course in made me two lunches.  It’s good I only asked for them three days a week.

This county is a nice big square with a square bump on the top west. I live in that bump.  The meals will be warm, not hot, when they get here, about 10:30 in the morning. 

It’s hard to accept help and I had to fill out papers about as snoopy as getting on welfare. 

I have a sinus infection.  You know how you hold your nose and force air into your ears to clear them?  Well, last week something went pop and air was coming out of my ear.  The doctor says it will heal once we get the infection cleared up. The anti-biotic doesn’t seem to be working.

I am getting a grab bar installed in my bathtub tomorrow.  It’s nice to have a plumber in the family.  My son-in-law’s brother. My s-i-l stopped by today to check measurements and ended up playing with Rascal.  She likes to get a toy and have you chase you for it. I don’t have the energy for that. Tim does.  When they got done her tongue was hanging out.  She needs that every day. 

The school shooting was so sad. We need more help for people with mental problems.  There used to be institutions for  people like that.

There was one near where I grew up. They ran a beautiful farm and a lot of the patients happily worked on it. Then the State decided to close it.  If no family could be found, those poor people were turned out on the street.

Okay, enough of gloomy stuff.  Sleep well.

later….          

 

 

                        

No comments: