A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Changing Times

What have I been doing?  Taking naps.  Taking pills.  Feeding dogs and letting them in and out.  Taking naps.  Eating.  Paying bills. Watching some Great Dane service puppies grow up - http://explore.org/#!/live-cams/player/great-dane-service-puppies-indoor-puppy-room.  They are getting big and are already eating solid food.

We have had a lot of rain, we need all we can get since we are in the middle of a draught area. Of course if it’s a thunder storm the dogs have a problem.

My hair is growing slowly. My beautician daughter tells me it grows a quarter inch a month.  The aggravating cow lick is still there. I’m still wearing hats as it is cold.

I was never much of a person for hats. Back in 1957 when I went to business school we were instructed to wear hats and gloves. We were told if we had to pick something up off the floor we should crouch done, not bend over. Always wear hose and sensible shoes.

We did two hours of typing every day, Friday was two hours of timed tests.  This was all done on manual typewriters. Hands got strong.  In the ‘80s I interviewed with Manpower on an electric typewriter. It wasn’t so bad. I got the job.

I made all my kids take typing.  I think they call it keyboarding now.

Times change and we have to change with them.

later….

 

No comments: