A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Bluegrass Festival

My daughter gave me a ticket to a local Bluegrass festival and today was the day. I thoroughly enjoyed the day. It was hot but there was a lot of trees and a slight breeze which made the heat bearable.


In this group in the picture above, the man on the left sitting down was in the hospital a week ago. He came and he sang and he played.

A good time was had by all. Apparently this annual festival grew out of a family reunion on the farm. People come and camp for several days for it. Now it is open to the public but not very publicized. After the professionals stop playing at night the amateurs get started and it goes on until VERY late - or maybe early in the morning. My grandson is having a very good time with his guitar and has decided he wants a banjo now.

I took a short video and posted it on www.youtube.com (search on katbulue). The problem is I did this on my new laptop that uses Vista and good old Vista decided to shut down as soon as the video was uploaded so I didn't even get a chance to label it or put anything in about it. But that could be a good thing because I didn't have any one's permission to put it on there so maybe no one will see themselves and object. If anyone has any hints as to why Vista periodically shuts down please let me know. Or maybe I should read some instructions?

Later

No comments: