A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Small Town Parade

The local festival was this week-end. The parades in this town go right by my house. I have learned from experience that if I stay on my porch they don't throw so much candy at me. Sometimes they throw it anyway but they can't hit me. When it lands in the grass it makes a mess after the lawn is mowed so I have to go pick it up. If it lands in the street there is no chance of getting it safely as the traffic that has been held up for a half hour by the parade is very impatient to get going and they run over it. Parents have to hold onto their children as they watch the lollipops get crunched under the wheels of an 18 wheeler. The kids throwing sometimes get tired of throwing at the parade watchers and start throwing it at the float behind or in front of them.

Anyone can be in the parade. The picture below is a group of senior citizens who do dance routines. They call themselves the Wrinkle Review.
I told you anyone - even a dog. Of course there were politicians, Shriners in little cars running in circles, a float for the barber shop and the beauty shop etc....

But the best part for me is the band that leads it all as you will see in the video below. One of the best parts of my high school years was playing in the school band. I can even get all misty about high school bands.



Later

No comments: