A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Friday, January 30, 2009

Beauty and the Beast

When the sun comes out it melts some of the snow on top which runs down and then freezes again as it gets into the cold air. My wisteria vines provide a place for the drips to go and refreeze. This vine grew from seeds I brought back from my sister's vine in California. Hardy soul to survive here. It takes over the gourd birdhouse in the summer. This is the beauty part.

The icicles even gave my RV a fringe on top.
This last picture is the beast part. After shoveling the heap the snowplow left at the end of my driveway for me twice, they came by again while I was out and left another ridge. I drove through it to get into my driveway. How can such pretty white snow get so nasty? Side roads are still snow covered. Luckily I live on a state route.


No comments: