A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Friday, February 6, 2009

Cabin Fever Doggy Style

This winter has taught me why penguins walk the way they do. The obvious reason is that their legs are short but they are also careful to place each foot flat on that slippery slope before putting their weight down on it. If you don't do that you can fall. Even if you do that you can fall. I've only fallen once this winter. Good on me. My response was the usual one. First you check to see if anyone saw you fall, then you get right up and act like you meant to do that. I consider the fall a test of my bone strength. So far so good.
This is a picture of a winter sun.

In this kind of weather I don't take the dogs for walks around the neighborhood. I have tried to get them to go up and down the stairs with me for exercise but so far they aren't interested. I would have to give them doggy treats at the top and bottom and I'm not sure that would be productive. So when the cabin fever gets to be too much they destroy their stuffed animals. That makes the inside look a bit like the outside, white stuff all over.

Then you take a nap in the bosses bed and try to look innocent. The one ear up and one ear down look helps.

Good one Red. Now I can get my exercise picking up stuffing.


No comments: