A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Bad Dogs

No pictures today, just mental images. Picture a pound of coffee spread over the floors and bed. A late Christmas gift of coffee from one daughter to the other was left in my keeping on the table in the kitchen. I went to the antique shop (the Barn) for a couple of hours to visit with the other dealers. There was even one customer but she didn't buy anything. I left the dogs out of their kennels. You get the picture? I don't know how much they ate but they have been drinking a lot of water. The bedspread is in the washer. Somehow the coffee got through the spread and onto the quilt. That just got a good shaking. The house smells like Starbucks. The broom and dustpan got a good workout.

Now for the other news. I try to keep things upbeat on here and for several months there hasn't been a lot of upbeat news to report. Most (probably all) of the people who check on this blog now and then already know that I was diagnosed with breast cancer last June. Not just breast cancer but stage 4 (spread to the bones), grade 3 (there are only 3 grades). This past week I got the results of tests to see if the treatment was working. It IS working! The Dr. even said I was in partial remission. So I continue to take pills every day and IV's every four weeks.

Not mentioning the cancer on here has been kind of like walking around an elephant in the living room and pretending it isn't there. It is there and it makes a difference in everything. It kind of puts coffee all over the house a small matter in my life. Yet a hangnail or a paper cut can become a major issue. Go figure.

If anyone has any questions or suggestions just let me know. It looks like I'll be around for a while after all.

Love to all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy about your tests. We will be able to stress you out over .... Grand kids, dogs... Daughters.. Son in Laws... Great Grand Kids... For A LONG TIME.... Just your luck... I don't think you will ever have a boring family...

We Love you.

:)