A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Monday, January 26, 2009

Christmas/Easter Cactus

This is an antique cactus plant. It's been around for a very long time. I think I got it from my Mother and then passed it on to my daughter, she passed it back to me in the fall. Occasionally it decides to bloom but this year it can't seem to decide when it is supposed to bloom. It is stuck in a "mud" room that is pretty cold. It seems to like it there and has several other buds. Some of them may even wait till Easter to bloom.



It is winter here. My atomic clock is working overtime to keep track of things. It got down to 11 below zero but I didn't get a picture of that. At about 10:00 p.m. my automatic thermostat turns down to 65 degrees but as you can see the kitchen stays a few degrees below the living room where the thermostat is. I have an old quartz heater that sits by my feet on really cold nights.


Advice I have received since being diagnosed with breast cancer:

Eat cabbage and anti-oxidants.
Laugh every day.
Exercise 1/2 hour 3 times a week.
Exercise 1/2 hour every day.
Drink a special tea - eissac - comes from Canada.
Read a lot of hand-out literature about breast cancer.
Avoid stress - HAHAHAHA


Things I have done:

Eaten lots of vegies and chocolate (it's an antioxidant isn't it).
Laughed or cried almost every day.
Exercised most days, maybe not for 1/2 hour.
Drank lots of raspberry herbal tea.
Read about eissac tea.
Read all the literature I was given about cancer (except the part about my fertility and how it might affect my partner), plus looked it up on the internet.
Some of my more stressful problems have been solved.
Got a tatoo.
Yeah, I know, but I gotta do what I gotta do.
My laptop just stopped having a picture, the screen died, just faded away. Tomorrow, if the white death (that is snow - 10 inches predicted for tomorrow) doesn't prevent it, I will take it to get checked out. I usually use it to post to this blog but luckily I have a desk top computer also. And Circuit City, where I bought the laptop and an extended warranty, is in bankruptcy. What did I say about stress?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

got a tatoo????? where is it, and what? That's great.

Kat said...

It's on my chest. It's a blue cartoon catapillar.