A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Sunday, June 14, 2009

June in Ohio

Creative birds use whatever they can find to make their nest. Easter baskets are not safe, as you can see. And, as you can see, I have finally solved the picture problem. In the meantime a laptop died and another was acquired. This one didn't have a slot for my camera memory card so today I acquired a Dynex card reader. It reads 6 different kinds of cards so I shouldn't ever need another one, even for a different camera. Woohoo.

The video is of a hail storm a week ago. Just as the TV announced that it was coming toward our tiny community (actually a narrow spot it the highway) the electricity went out. I was impressed with the weather reporting. I had never heard our community's name on the TV before. The power came back on in 3 1/2 hours, just long enough for me to find the oil lamps and fill them with oil and unplug all the major appliances.




Next week I am planning to take two 12 year old grandsons to Gettysburg, PA so I should have some pictures of that for my next post.

The most recent cancer tests show that I am stable. Some people might suggest that I never was very stable but I now have proof that I am. The dogs aren't going with us as they would have to spend too much time alone in the RV. They are staying at a very plush www.petsuitesofamerica.com . They get this fancy treatment mainly because Silly, the standard poodle, is elderly and needs pampering.

No comments: