A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Monday, December 22, 2008

Dec. 22, 2008

My Christmas presents are under the tree, all ready for the big day. I may be a bah-humbug person but I make small efforts.

The best part of the season is the people that I talk to and visit with. My grandson, Willie, spent the day with me today. We did his shopping for his family. He isn't hard to shop with. We were done in no time. Then there was lunch at the local diner. Then we did a little vandalism on a house he used to live in. A sign with their last name had been left over the front door. We went home, got a step stool and a couple of screwdrivers and removed the sign. No one lives there now but we felt a bit naughty anyway. Grandmothers should always do things like that with their grandsons.


This is Willie and Susan, his Mother. He is sitting on a stool or he would be taller than her. She had to work today so she dropped him off on her way to work and picked him up on the way home. Of course, she works early hours, 6:00 a.m., so he crashes on the couch until a more reasonable hour, like 10:00 when I put a cold wet wash cloth on his face. He still loves me anyway.

This is Willie concentrating on the computer. Young people keep us young, at heart anyway.



No comments: