A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Rainbow

Since I seem to be tethered to Ohio for most of this winter we went back to an old tradition of going to a movie on Christmas afternoon. Susan, Willie, and I went to see Marley & Me. It was funny, a little overdone on the "bad dog" theme and definitely overdone on the euthanasia scenes at the end. We enjoyed it, a good laugh and a good cry is good for everyone.

On the way home I was glad I had my camera with me. The sun was shining but there was a strange light in the sky. I'm guessing it was ice crystals reflecting a part of a rainbow. It was a nice surprise.

There are a couple of birdhouse gourds hanging under the eves of my carport. The question is, should I bring them in and clean out the nests the birds made last summer? It will take tweezers to do it but it would while away an afternoon for sure.

If anyone has any advice please let me know.

No comments: